Manufacturer of exceptionally well made carbon fiber barrels, Helix 6 Precision is pleased to announce the release of SIG Sauer Cross factory prefit barrels available in 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 308 Winchester.
Helix 6 Precision SIG Cross barrels feature the most advanced composite engineering in the market. Users can simply install, headspace, and head to the range. As with all of Helix 6 Precision’s barrels, the SIG Cross barrels feature hand lapped button rifled 416R Stainless steel cores that have been wrapped in carbon fiber using Helix 6’s proprietary process for rigidity, heat dissipation, harmonic dampening, weight reduction, and match grade accuracy.
Similar to other popular prefit systems on the market, the Helix 6 Precision SIG Cross barrels can be installed using easily available tools. All that’s needed is a barrel vice, a 3/16 punch, an AR armorers tool, a 1 1/16 12-point box-end wrench, and a headspace gauge. The system currently uses factory barrel extensions.
Helix 6 says the benefits of this barrel are:
- Increased Accuracy from Helix 6 Precision’s proprietary carbon wrap process
- High carbon/low resin ratio increases thermal dissipation and speeds cooling
- 50% less weight than a steel barrel of equal contour
- Unique carbon layup design dampens barrel harmonics for better accuracy
- Stainless 416R rifled cores provide uniform bore for match grade accuracy
- Hand lapped bore that reduces fouling and increases accuracy
More information about the new barrels will be available shortly at www.helix6precision.com.