The Response is an exciting new offering and Smith & Wesson’s first MSR-style PCC, which makes it easily compatible with many existing MSR parts and accessories. Chambered in 9mm, the Response has a 23+1 capacity out of the box and ships with two 23-round M&P double-stack magazines. The premier feature of this new carbine is rooted in its innovative and easy-to-install FLEXMAG System. Its design consists of interchangeable magwell adaptors that allow the firearm to operate using a variety of S&W and other manufacturer magazines. Included with the Response are two FLEXMAG kits that are compatible with either M&P double-stack or G17/G19 magazines.
Loaded with features, the Response has a 16.5-inch threaded barrel, polymer handguard with Picatinny-style rail and M-LOK slots, MAGPUL MOE SL stock, flat face trigger, and an M&P grip with four interchangeable palmswell adapters. It has an overall length of 35-3/8 inches fully extended and weighs just under 6.0 pounds.
“The Smith & Wesson Response is our solution for the PCC shooter that enjoys MSR platforms and prefers interfacing capabilities with various pistol magazines available in the market today. Its compatibility with the vast network of MSR aftermarket accessories allows the user to easily customize the Response to their specific preferences and needs. Smith & Wesson listened to the consumer and our goal was to deliver a completely versatile pistol caliber carbine that would be a perfect companion to your sidearm. This design is our response,” said John Myles, Senior Product Manager.
The new Smith & Wesson Response is built on a platform to optimize the user’s needs and breaks barriers for those looking to enter the PCC market. Embrace adaptability with the Smith & Wesson Response.
- 16.5″ 1:10” twist barrel
- FLEXMAG magazine well adapters. (Interchangeable magazine well adapters that let you use a variety of magazines from Smith & Wesson and other manufacturers.)
- 32 1/8″ collapsed length, 35 3/8″ extended length.
- 1/2-28 threaded muzzle with thread protector.
- Flat-face trigger with crisp break.
- M-LOK slots on handguard with Picatinny-style rail on top.
- 2 FLEXMAG magazine well adapters (1-M&P Double stack – installed, 1-G17/G19).
- Compatible with M&P Pistol double stack magazines and G17/G19 magazines.
- 2 x 23-round magazines.
- MSRP: $799