The AR meets the AK with this super lightweight mashup. Weighing in at just under six pounds, the DRD Tactical Sub-6 has steel in all the right places to offer solid, rugged construction in an impressively light design. Built from the ground up, every feature was redesigned with superior performance in mind. The lower receiver features an integrated 1913 Picatinny rail on the butt plate, with a side-folding Magpul buttstock securely mounted to the rear rail. Fire with the stock folded, if you please.
The new bolt with dovetailed gas key incorporates rail slots to eliminate BCG tilt and reduces friction for smooth, efficient cycling that runs cleaner than standard AR systems. The barrel extension provides better lockup utilizing a trunnion system composed of steel-on-steel vs. steel-on-aluminum which increases strength while reducing wear. Unlike other DRD Tactical models, this is not a takedown model, but they promise it’s still as badass. The SUB-6 is equipped with DRD’s proprietary 5-position adjustable gas block to quickly adjust whenever needed – and they only tools you’ll need are your hands. Field stripping the Sub-6 and removal of the BCG and recoil assembly doesn’t require any tools for easy disassembly and cleaning. Want the reliability of an AK and the precision, repeatability and furniture of an AR? You want the Sub-6.
Note: This is a Zander’s exclusive item. To purchase a Sub-6, ask your dealer to order through Zander’s Sporting Goods. 800-851-4373
- Operation: Semi-Automatic Proprietary Direct Impingement Gas Piston Operating System
- Finish: Black Hard Coat Anodized (Cerakote Options Available)
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO, .223 Remington
- Carbine Length Gas System
- Barrel Length: 16.25in
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7in
- Thread Pitch: 1/2×28
- Flash Hider: A2 Style
- Capacity: 30 +1, includes one 30 Round Magpul PMAG
- Trigger: Standard combat, 4.5lb pull
- Buttstock: Magpul Zhukov-S (5-position; folding stock; polymer buttstock; custom DRD aluminum Picatinny adapter)